He’s a raccoon, he’s a tree, and together they make podcast magic! In this episode, Jason travels to a land where time is forgotten to take a look at Jeff Smith’s Tuki, while Steve attempts to climb (Peter Wortman’s) Over The Wall. After that, they buddy up to review the adorable, jokey Battle Dog. Climb on and blast away!
Jason hangs out with Robbie and Bobbie, while Steve stays up with Sleep Deprivation Ninja. They then join forces to try and figure out just what the heck is going on in the time-traveling tale, Saint For Rent. If your nose starts to bleed, you have our permission to pause the podcast and find your constant.
Steve checks out Fowl Language, Jason comes up with excuses, and together they check in on the relatively new comics, Solstoria and Camp Weedonwantcha. Also, the lack of responsive design representation in the webcomics community has Jason climbing the walls. Adapt or die!
Midshow music: “Street Fighter or Streetest Fighter?” by BONKERS
With Sochi being an out-and-out debacle of an ultimate sporting competition, it’s up to us to pick up the slack back here at home. To do this, Jason (yes, that Jason) has been readin’ Sithrah, Rock and Tin, and From Nothing, and Steve checked out Vibe. Jason also tricked Steve into reviewing a gay love story that masquerades as a sci-fi robot adventure. O Human Star by Blue Delliquanti is the real deal in both respects, so be sure you don’t miss out!
Steve floats towards Dead Winter, docks with a nigh unpronounceable comic, and Jason talks about the trouble with Trenches. Then they reunite to discuss the tropey fun that is Star Power. Fire those thrusters and cruise on in!
Midshow music courtesy of Overclocked Remix ["Sonic Boom (American Mix)" by Neblix].
Award for You’re Doing It Wrong for 2013 goes to …
- Sinfest (fix the RSS, your comic is amazing and I hate missing out on it)
The First Break
Steve has been playing a lot of Terraria with his son lately; it’s a great form of male bonding that doesn’t involve actual sports. So here’s a jammed-out version of the game’s winter theme.
- (9:40) “Frosty Overworld” by Pacific Dane (Terraria.DJ)
Best Horizons Watch of 2013
- (20:45) Balderdash (Steve’s pick)
- (21:35) Nuclear Winter (also Steve’s pick, don’t blame me)
- (22:50) Mary Death (Jason’s pick)
The Second Break
Steve plays a lot of Starcraft. Hence the music from Starcraft II.
- (25:00) “Broken Wings” by Flexstyle and urdailywater
Best Digital Strips Reviewed Comic of 2013
The Third Break
Steve’s resolution is to use less video game remixes for his break tunes, so here’s a piano piece. (I make no such resolution.)
- (37:35) “Atlantis” by Pianochocolate
Best Webcomic of 2013
All this, plus!
- Steve saves everyone from Jason
- How DO birds make babies?
- If you love something, try to make it yourself
- Remember Vitamin C? You do now
- Art Talk with Arty McArtart and Steve O’Noart
- Steve knows how you poop
- (11:25) Serenity Rose is wrapped up
The Midshow Break
From listening to our ramblings (which aren’t currently available, so ignore this completely), you’ll know that I’m terrible, in that I look at my Amazon Wish List and ask it to show me what has already been purchased. In doing so, I know that the new Legend of Zelda on 3DS (an addition to one of the greatest games of all time, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past) is coming to me eventually. However, I do not have it in my possession yet.
For this reason, I am including a remix from that game as our midshow break. Because if I have to suffer, so do you.
- (13:35) “Link’s Epoch” by Joshua Morse
The Feature (Horizon’s Watch)
All this, plus!
- I want a hippopotamus and Dominick the Donkey for Christmas
- Can YOU cheat the Amazon machine?
- Socks: Underwear for your feet.
- Steve hears what he wants to hear (re: Euro Men Online)
- Flah-vee-ay? Flay-vie?
- Steve Chromecasts Yo Gabba Gabba for his son. While he’s podcasting. It’s distracting.