Jason is back from kid-havin’ so we have a new episode! Noelle Stevenson is working on the She-Ra reboot for Netflix and considering her previous work, that has both Jason and Steve pumped. Steve also brought LOLNEIN before the court to judge. It’s a quirky comedy strip that makes the most out of everyday objects, sometimes to lewd, hilarious effect.
Welcome to our movie podcast! Jason’s intentions for a Happy Father’s Day turned to dust when he was rerouted to the retread that is Pitch Perfect 2. Meanwhile, Steve’s two-month stint with no wife or kids is starting to manifest in some … unhealthy ways. Help him out by listening to discussions about Superfogeys, podcasts, Table Titans, and a nearly forgotten news item that is a must-hear. Turn off your cell phones and then … just turn them back on. We know you didn’t actually turn them off. We’re not monsters.
- (5:30) Decrypting Rita by Egypt Urnash
- (7:45) Glam Rock Gorilla by Brett Von Doom (a.k.a. Hammer Smith), Kelsey “KG” Bigelow, Ser Tom the Blind, Astro Sarah, Maya Nord, and Summoner (GOD I hate webcomics sometimes)
The Midshow Break
What’s more gross: Steve’s kid wetting the bed or the dreams this bedwetting interrupted? Find out while enjoying the dulcet tones of our midshow music.
- (13:55) “Seppuku” by Brandon Strader
- (18:10) Nimona by Noelle Stevenson
Mentions/References/A List of Comics You Should Be Reading
- Danielle Corsetto (Girls With Slingshots)
- Scott Kurtz (PvP)
- Mike Krahulik (Penny Arcade)
- Jeph Jacques (Questionable Content)
- Zach Weiner (Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal)
- Rich Stevens (Diesel Sweeties)
- Rickard Jonasson (Two Guys and Guy)
- Paul Southworth (not currently working on a comic, but he recommends William Tallman’s Reptilis Rex)
- Bill Barnes (Not Invented Here)
- Yuko Ota and Ananth Panagariya (Johnny Wander)
- Katie Rice (Skadi)
- Josh Ulrich (Newman)
- David Malki ! (Wondermark)
- KC Green (Gun Show)
- Meredith Gran (Octopus Pie)
- Kate Beaton (Hark! A Vagrant)
All this, plus!
- Steve can’t help but work some Marvel cynicism into his intro
- We learn the true secret of the ninja
- Fat Peter Jackson
- We decide George Lucas might be an ok dude after all
- Our annual reminder that horizontally scrolling comics are the worst
- More enlightened thoughts on inkOUTBREAK (including comments from the man who runs it, Brian King)
- Jason is an abused spouse and is kind of ok with that